Courses‎ > ‎

C.A.V.E.

CRAC

Community Rising Against Crime

CRIME FORMS A GREAT PART OF OUR DAILY LIVES.

NO-ONE IS IMMUNE AGAINST THE CRIMINAL ASPECT IN OUR COMMUNITY.

WHAT YOU DON’T KNOW CAN HURT YOU!

THE SHORT COURSE THAT STOPPED AN ARMED ROBBERY!

TWICE!

Not a day goes by that we don't read in the newspaper about someone that was attacked in their homes. 

Frightening news: at

United Nations, every year, tends to put together the data of global crimes in its Global Homicide Program. The purpose of this report is to glimpse upon the stats of the countries which have had highest crime rate. Here is how South Africa compared in 2014:

Top 10 Countries with Highest Crime Rate in 2014:                             5. South Africa:

Top 10 Countries with Highest Murder Crime in 2014:                        3.South Africa

Top 10 Most Dangerous Cities in the world in 2014:                           7. Cape Town



Violent crimes and armed robbery are a serious problem in South Africa. Many people believe it won't happen to them, and therefore do not prepare or plan ahead. If you are unprepared, there is a 90% chance of you falling a victim to crime sooner or later.  With a little foresight and planning, you can lessen these chances to only 10%.

 IN ONE UNFORGIVABLE MOMENT YOUR LACK OF AWARENESS MAY GET YOU KILLED!

 REMEMBER: No crime can commence if the opportunity therefore does not exist.

 

Aspects covered on this course:

 

1.                    Crime Awareness Victim Empowerment

Case studies show that most life threatening situations could have been avoided if the basic criminal awareness principles have been applied. We discuss:

                                                                1.             Statistics: the crime picture

                                                                2.             Profiles: Profile of a victim, Profile of a criminal

                                                                3.             How do YOU become a victim?

                                                                4.             Self-defence: (the legal side)

                                                                5.             Proactive Lifestyle: Your home, Hijack! On the street

                                                                6.             Awareness and vigilance

                                                                7.             Human survival mechanism and the side-effects thereof                  

                                                                8.             Under attack! Now what?

                                                                9.             Defence vs. Offence

2.                    Elements of a crime: 

Any crime requires three elements. If any of these three elements are absent the crime simply cannot take place.  Recognize these and eliminate them to prevent a crime. Nearly every victim has two factors in common, combined, these are a recipe for disaster.

 

3.                    What You Don't Know Can Hurt You:

Victim-ology: How criminals pick victims and what case studies reveal about victims.

 

4.                    Spotting a Potential Criminal:

 Tell-tale signs of criminal behaviour. The better you are at spotting possible criminals, the less likely you are to become a victim. What are the signs?

 

5.                    Situational awareness:

Most of the time, simply seeing the danger that lies ahead can give you an advantage. 

The keys to situational awareness and the Boyd Cycle are discussed.

 

6.                    The secrets to counter surveillance:

             Almost any criminal act, involves some degree of pre-operational surveillance. In fact, one common denominator of all the different potential threats is that those planning an operation all monitor their target in advance. It could be only a few seconds or minutes, several weeks or even months.

The criminal or conducting it is exposed, and therefore vulnerable to detection. Because of this, counter-surveillance (CS) — the process of detecting and mitigating hostile surveillance — is an important, though often overlooked, element. CS is especially important because it is one of the few security measures that allows for threats to be dealt with before they can develop into active attacks. An effective CS program depends on knowing two "secrets"…

 

7.                    Wound ballistics

This concerns the science of wounding or killing a human being, by means of projectile. The basics of wounding and the effect of different projectiles are broadly explained. The human body reacts differently, depending on location and projectile velocity. We also take a look at what affects the use of narcotic substances have on ballistics, which is very important when dealing with violent suspects.

8.                    Observation

Observation without the ability to interpret and represent facts clearly, completely and objectively would be of no value.  Accurate description, therefore, means to differentiate between that which has actually been observed or seen and conclusions are report separately in regard to facts and conclusions.


        Epilogue

The information covered in these contents above only cover relevant issues and is by no means meant to serve as complete manual and would not have any value to a person not attending the seminar.

 

Estimated total time: 3 hours

IMPORTANT! Attend this life-changing course!

Ø  THIS COURSE IS ABOUT YOU!             

Ø  THIS COURSE IS FOR YOU

Ø  ATTEND THIS COURSE TODAY!

Course presented by internationally published author of: “Be a Tough Target: Crime and I”.

Francois Meyer, the CEO of Izalathiso, is an active learning and development consultant and trainer in the law enforcement and security field with more than 20 years’ hands-on experience in life threatening environments.

Comments